August 1, 2020
This Policy applies to Home Exteriors Direct, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.njhomecontractors.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if youelect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs. In addition, Home Exteriors Direct may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race andreligion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.Home Exteriors Directmay also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public. Why We Collect Information and For How Long We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when wehave your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following crite-ria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within whichclaims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy. Use of Information Collected Home Exteriors Direct does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties. Home Exteriors Direct may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.njhomecontractors.com
Home Exteriors Direct may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Home Exteriors Directuses various third-party social media features including but not limited to and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Home Exteriors Direct’s control. Disclosure of Information Home Exteriors Direct may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannotreasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;· to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Home Exteriors Direct.
Non-Marketing Purposes Home Exteriors Direct greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, accountissues, and/or changes in Home Exteriors Direct products and services). In certaincircumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice. Children under the age of 13.
Notice to European Union Users Home Exteriors Direct’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provideinformation to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy be-came operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personaldata is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy. Security Home Exteriors Direct takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitiveinformation via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the in-formation to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
In order to be fully compliant with COPPA your website or online service must fulfill other requirements such as:
- include a description of parental rights (e.g. that you won’t require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary, that they can review their child’s personal information, di-rect you to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information, and the procedures to exercise their rights);
- give parents “direct no-tice” of your information practices before collecting information from their children; and
- obtain the parents’ “verifiable consent” before collecting, using or disclosing personal information from a child.